Find a Truck Licence Course at Drivetrain Driving School Today
Are you looking for an excellent truck licence course to help you earn the certification you need for a job that involves driving heavy vehicles? Heavy truck drivers drive trucks with and without trailers. They may transport machinery, livestock, liquids, general freight or materials, and even hazardous substances. Truck drivers can earn a comfortable living wage depending on their transport sector, location, company, and size and type of vehicle for which they’re licensed to operate. Learn more about obtaining the truck licence you need at Drivetrain Driving School.
Benefits of a Truck License Course
When you complete a truck license course, you become qualified to work in a range of positions within the transportation industry. Here are some of the benefits of choosing this type of education.
- Good demand. Demand for heavy truck drivers in New Zealand is active, which means that it should be relatively easy to land the job you want.
- The opportunity for self-employment. If you like the idea of being self-employed, truck driving might be for you. You can either choose to work for an organisation or as a contractor using a vehicle you own.
- Progress and specialisations. In addition to the opportunity to be self-employed, you may also choose to employ other truck drivers and operate a fleet or move to another area such as distribution management, logistics planning, or line haulage. Alternatively, you may focus on a specific industry such as petroleum or forestry.
How Much Do You Know About Truck Driving School?
Once you earn your heavy vehicle licence, the next step is finding a job in the industry and putting your new licence to good use. Here are some things you can expect about working in this field.
- What you will do. As a heavy truck driver, you’ll complete a range of tasks, such as checking your truck routinely, weighing it before and after loading, helping with or supervising as your vehicle is loaded, ensuring that the load is secure, following correct safety procedures, planning the best delivery routes, and keeping a logbook of the hours you work.
- Working conditions to expect. Truck drivers work different hours depending on their specific jobs. The NZ Transport Agency regulates the number of hours they are allowed to work. You may also encounter stressful work conditions such as heavy traffic, poor weather, and spending nights away from home.
- Skills and qualifications you’ll need. Heavy truck drivers must hold a licence for the type and size of truck they drive. They also need to possess a basic understanding of the mechanics of their vehicle and the maintenance it needs. As a truck driver, you’ll need to be familiar with emergency procedures, hazardous conditions, transport laws, and more.
Why Drivetrain Is Cost-Effective
At Drivetrain, we can help you learn what you need to know to work as a heavy truck driver in NZ. When you obtain a heavy vehicle licence, you make yourself more marketable within the industry and open up many new career opportunities, making truck driving school a great way to invest in your future. Drivetrain offers a range of courses led by experienced and qualified instructors so that you get the training you need to be a safe, excellent driver. Contact us today for more information.