Drivetrain Driving School Offers A Dangerous Goods Course
Drivetrain Driving School is known as the commercial transport training professionals, and as a part of our services, we offer a dangerous goods course. If you want to expand into transporting hazardous goods such as fuel and chemicals, you need a dangerous goods endorsement. Our DG course will give you all the information you need, and you’ll be able to take the certificate we provide you at the end to a licensing agent to have the endorsement added.
What Sets Drivetrain Driving School Apart Regarding Our DG Course?
When you take any of our commercial driving courses, you will learn from our over 35 years of experience in the transportation industry. That experience encompasses almost every aspect of the transportation industry, including running our own trucking company. Here are a few ways that this extensive experience sets our training apart from the rest:
- We understand that commercial driving can be a time-consuming occupation, so it can be challenging to find space in your schedule to fit in the required training. Because of this, we are happy to perform training offsite, coming to you to provide it for your convenience.
- Along the same lines, because a lot of commercial vehicle drivers work for themselves, it can be hard to find others to take the necessary classes with them. For this reason, we are happy to provide our training for a single person if needed.
- Professional driving instructors present all our courses with extensive experience in the industry.
What You Can Expect from Drivetrain Driving School’s DG License Training
Our DG License Training will give you everything you need to successfully get a dangerous goods endorsement on your license so you can haul fuel and other restricted loads. To be eligible for this course, you need to have a minimum of an NZ class 1 (car) learners permit. Here is what you can expect from our DG course:
- The course itself has a duration of 6 hours, and during that time you will learn about the law and practice of transporting dangerous goods by road. Trainees will need to read and answer specific questions within the assessment without any assistance.
- We will provide you with the necessary materials, including a personal copy of the Dangerous Goods quick guide, emergency response information sheet, and a segregation wheel on the day of training.
- When you complete the training, you will receive a certificate. It’s important to remember that you must take this certificate to the licensing agent to get the endorsement added to your license. Dangerous goods endorsements must be every five years, and if it has lapsed for over 12 months, you will need to resit the DG License training.
Why Drivetrain Driving School’s DG Course is Cost-Effective
Being able to haul dangerous goods will open more lucrative driving opportunities so our DG license training will pay for itself. To learn more about our wide range of commercial driving training, including our DG course, contact us today.