Drivetrain Driving School Offers Training for a Commercial Vehicle License
Drivetrain Driving School puts our 35 years of experience in the transpiration industry to use with all of our training courses, including our commercial vehicle license classes. Learn all you need to know to obtain your license and start driving commercial vehicles on the road in one of our courses. We even offer up to four hours of extra practical training to help you get ready for your assessment.
The Benefits of Having a Commercial Vehicle License
A commercial vehicle license is required to drive class 2-5 vehicles on New Zealand roads. Driving can be a great occupation with a lot of flexibility and great pay. If you are considering training for your commercial truck license, here are a few of the benefits you can expect:
- In a time when many companies are decreasing their labour forces, opportunities for commercial drivers are continuing to grow at a steady rate. Because of the licensing requirements, there can be a shortage of qualified drivers. This shortage can make it easy to find work in the transportation industry once you have obtained your commercial license.
- A commercial vehicle license can offer a level of flexibility to your schedule that many other jobs cannot provide. Flexibility is attractive to a lot of potential drivers who want to find the right work-life balance that allows them to continue to spend time with their hobbies or other interests.
- Compared to other similar paying occupations, commercial driving requires less time spent in training. You can get on the road and start earning good money instead of spending your days in the classroom.
Tips Regarding a Commercial Truck License
Our commercial truck license courses will give you all the information you need to obtain your commercial license. Before taking the class 2 course, you need to obtain a class 2 learners permit. There are also two important pre-course study units before instruction. Here are a few tips to remember with your commercial truck license course:
- If you have not obtained your class 2 learners permit, we can help coordinate your learner’s test. We include online study and classroom work to help you obtain it.
- Our class 2 courses usually take 2/3 of a day to effectively cover the material and undertake some practice driving.
- For students who are interested in going beyond class 2 commercial vehicles, we offer courses in class 3, 4, and 5. These advanced courses require a learner permit in the corresponding class of vehicle. These courses are more extensive than class 2 and usually take two days.
About Drivetrain Driving School
With over 35 years of experience in the transportation industry, our instructors bring real-world training into our commercial truck license courses. We strive to offer our students the best opportunity possible to learn what they need to obtain their commercial license and operate their vehicle as safely as possible. Contact us today if you would like to schedule your commercial vehicle license course or learn more about our other services.